Saturday, September 1, 2012

truth
why is it that everyone claims they are searching for
the truth,
but no one is willing to give it
and no one really wants to hear it.
The truth is too powerful,
it has the power to change things
to change people and lives.
It requires us to pull down our defenses
and put ourselves out into to the world,
It's frightening.
And when we see someone else being honest
we are instantly drawn because we know how hard it is,
but then we recoil in fear at the realization of its
power.
Truth to most people is like perfection,
something people claim to want and seek,
but never really grasp.
But I am tired of hiding.
I will tell you the truth if you are willing to hear,
but know the truth is not easily heard.
It is powerful, even when it is only whispered.
So if you can't handle honesty, I am content talking
to you with a mask, but know it is you who puts it
there, not me.
But if you be brave, not fearless, brave, pull up a
chair and I will breathe the truth I know.
I will open my heart with honesty
if you will come and listen.
I will pause to give you a chance to speak of what you
know, I will listen.
And the truth shall flow around
and leave us changed because of it.
So come, sit down, I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment